Leadership. Strategy. Innovation.

Get Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Auto Accident Injuries

Motor vehicle accidents can happen in a matter of seconds and leave you with more questions than you know what to do with. It can be hard to get an answer to your questions, let alone know where to start looking. Below are frequently asked questions about car accidents in Connecticut.

What Should I Do After I’ve Been In A Car Crash?

Your safety always comes first. Make sure that you and everyone are safe, then call 911. While you are waiting for the police to arrive, take detailed pictures and videos of the scene of the accident. After that, contact a car accident attorney and do not give the police or insurance company your statement without your attorney present.

Will The At-Fault Party Pay For The Damage To My Car?

There is no easy answer to this, as it does depend on the liability of everyone involved. Because Connecticut is a comparative fault state, any party liable for the accident will need to pay a portion of the cost of damages. An attorney can help you project what to expect from the outcome of your injury claim.

If I Can’t Drive My Car, Can I Get Reimbursed For A Rental Car?

Keep in mind that another party would need to have the majority of liability for the accident because of comparative fault. However, if they do, you may be able to receive reimbursement for your car rental from their insurance company.

What If The At-Fault Party Doesn’t Have Car Insurance?

If the liable party does not have car insurance, you still have options to seek compensation. Verify that your insurance provides you with uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which can help you cover the costs of your accident. If you do not have this coverage, you may be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver directly.

What If I Need To See A Doctor For My Injuries, But I Don’t Have Health Insurance?

There are many options you can pursue to get the medical attention you need after an injury that affects your life. Your attorney can help you look into these options, including seeking Medicaid, making the at-fault driver or their insurance pay your medical costs, or even establishing a payment schedule with your health care provider.

What Do I Do Now?

If you have suffered a motor vehicle accident, contact our experienced and committed attorneys right away. Our legal team helps residents of Connecticut move forward after accidents with trucks, cars, motorcycles and other motorized vehicles.

Call our Middletown office at 860.346.6774 to schedule your initial consultation, or you can email us here.